NFS packet blocking (Was Mouse EXPLOIT info...)

Dave Williss (dwilliss@tnt.microimages.com)
Wed, 18 Jan 1995 09:23:43 -0600 (CST)

In previous message, Christopher Klaus said...

> > Why can't you make mountd on Ultrix 4.X reject mount requests from
> > non-privileged ports? turning on "nfsportmon" in the kernel doesn't
> > quite do the job properly. Things that make you go hmmm...

> Install a good portmapper so that remote hosts can't easily find what port
> mountd is on.  A better solution is to make sure that your routers kill
> all NFS packets from remote nets.

Any idea what I should block on my router to do this?  I have a cicsco
router if that's any help.

Also, does anybody know of a mailing list or FAQ for cisco setup.  I find
their manuals cryptic.
--
David C. Williss    			    #include <standard.disclaimer>
Software Engineer -- MicroImages, Inc.		dwilliss@microimages.com